Sunday, January 01, 2006

How To Keep Your Projects On Track

Any achiever knows that they're only moving forward and growing whilst they create and deliver new projects

So if you can create and deliver more projects you're going to achieve more.

Simple, don't you think?

It is, and it isn't.

It's simple because the concept is not rocket science.

It's more complex because your busy, busy life can get in the way.

Things can deflect you from your goals.

And there's something you can do to reduce the number of deflections you get. So you stay on the right path for longer.

That means you're moving forward and delivering your projects.

What is it?

FOCUS...

But more than focus. You need a strategic goal to aim for. Without one you'll never know you've drifted off course.

Once you have the strategic goal you focus on it and it gets done.

Because it's strategic it moves you forward.

One of my strategic goals is "to be proactive in educating myself in marketing, business growth and personal development (see my previous post)."

That goal was written down about 10 years ago.

Has it helped me deliver more for myself? - YES!

Of course I attend seminars.

Of course I get and read books.

Of course I listen to CDs and watch DVDS.

I also ensure that the material I use is focused on my strategic goals too.

One of my goals is to know as much as possible about sales and marketing, including advertising and PR. To that end I've used the Achiever's Edge CD a month programme.

I've used it for nearly 8 years.

Why have I kept subscribed for nearly 8 years?

Because it's been informative, it's linked to my strategic goals and it's been a great form of motivation too.

It's worth checking the programme out as Peter Thompson (who runs it) is still offering a great set of downloads for less than a cup of coffee for starting a subscription. Amazingly you can then unsubscribe and still keep the great downloads. I've blogged about the download content before.

So start the New Year with a resolution to educate yourself more go to the Achiever's Edge web site and sign-up now. You'll be pleased you did.

Technorati : , , , , , , , Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , Ice Rocket : , , , , , , , Flickr : , , , , , , , Buzznet : , , , , , , , 43 Things : , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home